This blog is a forum where people can share their visions for Mason County. My personal vision is to start a Business Incubator, to help local entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses.
Business incubators offer a variety of services to reduce the startup’s overhead and operational costs such as:
- shared office and meeting space, often with shared secretarial services
- shared manufacturing space, often including a 3D printer for design prototypes
- shared access to a commercial kitchen
- mentors, coaching and help developing business and marketing plans
- advice on procuring funding
- networking connections
The National Business Incubation Association reports that there are approximately 900 business incubators nationwide. The most successful usually work in partnership with the local high school and/or community college, businesses, non-profits and volunteers.
Washington State offers grants to business incubators. See RCW 43.176.030.
This video takes you inside a business incubator in Washington, D.C.
Learn more about successful business incubators in the Northwest. What are they doing that would work well in Mason County?
SURF Cafe in Seattle for technology start-ups.
(Don’t miss the interesting articles in their Press section.)